Thursday, September 3, 2009

To the world

My name is Rob, and I'm from Seattle.

I attend school at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. I'm sure you'll be hearing lots about me and Provo in my following epistles. Not that I have anything against BYU, it's just that I have something against Provo. After all, I'm from Seattle.

In case you were wondering, yes, I am a Mormon. Hence my Biblical reference in the name of my blog. And I just thought it was clever. I served as a Mormon missionary (yes the 19-20 year old boys who walk around in suits and parted hair) in Manila, Philippines. Expect to be hearing more about that and my experience there too.

This is my first attempt at blogging. It was given to us as an assignment for my business writing course at BYU, but I'm actually really excited about this. I'm going to mainly use this to express my thoughts and opinions in letter format (mostly) to either an individual or an organization. Some may be angry, some may be funny, and, like it or not, some may be offensive. This is my brain. This is how it works. I'm not worried about it. You shouldn't be either.

I hope I write something interesting or worthwhile somewhere down the line.


1 comment:

  1. Wow - who knew I'd run into this your very first day! I'm ready to be offended!! haha Have fun blogging. My girls all had one so I decided I had to start one too.

    ReplyDelete