Saturday, October 31, 2009

To Halloween

I like candy. I like the night. I like to party. Halloween, I don't know where you came from, but thanks for being here. Because you rock Halloween, I need to thank you for some awesome Halloween memories I have from the past.

First off is your song. I remember all through elementary school we sang the song that goes, "H-A-double L-O-W-double E-N spells HALLOWEEN!" In fact, for some reason the music teacher we had thought she had to teach us that same song every year. Not sure if she realized we remembered it from the previous year. Maybe our class teachers told her how bad we were at spelling. I don't know. Either way I love that song still and it's stuck in my head right now.

Next memory comes from the dinners I always had at home before going trick or treating. Macaroni and cheese with hotdogs in it. I think pretty much every year. As we were eating my dad always tried to be as scary as possible too. He was pretty scary. Not in the way he was going for, but he was scary.

Oh man, the things you have made me dress up as in the past, Halloween... A Ninja Turtle like 2 or 3 times, Jason, a pimp, and a die. Yes, a die. No, not die as in dead. Die as in dice. My brother and I were dice. I think one of my dad's bad puns was behind that.

All the candy, all the calories, and yet, no cavities caused by you. Thanks, Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Please sing that song for me next time I come down. I've taught a lot of songs in my day, and that one never came up...I think. You are BLESSED to not have cavities! We always had homemade pizza...usually in the shape of pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete