Wednesday, December 23, 2009

To Home

There is somethin about going home that just makes life awesome. Even though I really don't have any friends at home anymore (except Ashley), I just feel at home at home... (Yeah I know what I said).

On may way back to you, home, I had to wait in Sea-Tac for an hour, but I even loved that! I stepped out of the airport and it was misting outside. Not raining, not sprinkling, but the classic seattle misting. Good thing I had my hoodie on. I fit in much better than those Southwest flyers coming in from Long Beach wearing shorts, sandals, and rain coats and sporting their umbrellas. Psh. Umbrellas are for wussies.

I love being with you, home, because you mean family, and family rocks. I've got the coolest nephew and the 3 cutest nieces in the world and they're all here with us this week. I get to be with my sister and her family and my bro and his wife who is prego. I get to hang out and go to the gym with my little sis who runs like a thousand miles a day. I can't believe how much we've grown, home, and you were always such a big part of that.

Now it pretty much just seems that I really only get to come back every Christmas, when family is here. Otherwise it's just not the same, ya know?

So, home, thanks for everything. Even though you don't provide me with a room anymore and I find myself sleeping on the couch most nights, I love being here. Thanks for the food. Thanks for the family. Thanks for the awesome weather. Thanks for the smells, tastes, sights, and feelings I've loved throughout my life. Seattle's always gonna be home for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh Rob, if I'm not your friend in Seattle, who is? ;) I'm glad you love coming home. I'm sure your family is glad too...they probably gave you the most comfy couch in the house, after all!

    ReplyDelete