Saturday, December 5, 2009

To Dating

You sure are a fickle friend, dating. It is definitely a love/hate relationship. I definitely enjoy your company, yet sometimes I just don't want anything to do with you. All in all, you're awesome. I just have a few questions for you dating...

I don't have any problems with trying to ask a girl to hang out with you one time... but how do I do it the second time with that same girl? I mean, how do I know if she's interested? How do I know when I can ask? Do I have to go on dates with some other girls first? What do you do on a second date? I don't even know what the girl is thinking at this point!

One thing I've noticed too is that you don't seem to be too keen on entertaining groups of more than 4, sometimes 6. Why is this? I know often times it gets a little weird for me, especially on a first date because it gets super hard to even get to know the girl I'm with. Maybe I just shouldn't do the group date thing... I dunno... You tell me what you want.

How do I know when to end you? Not meaning to stop dating, but how do I know when the date has gone too long? Actually, come to think of it, I think I know when you last too long, the question is how do I end it? Thats the tricky thing because if I end a date before curfew the girl might think she's a bad date or I just want to be doing other things. If I don't, the date could get boring or something. It's just tricky.

How do I make you cheap? I try, but just can't do it.

Thanks for being fun at least, dating. You're a good friend, even though I don't understand how you work sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Okay Bert, you just have to take chances and ask for that second date. I thought the dinner group was good about discussing this stuff? Ask those girls. :) Talk to Geoff, too, about cheap dates...I hear he checks the BYU calendar and finds things to go to. I think that's ingenious! Only about 10 days to go and then you can take a break from it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I thought there was plenty of time to get to know your date. Plus, that is what a second date is for. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplify it ... kiss the girl ... first date, not longer than 3 hours into it. All other questions will be answered with her response. Glad I could help.

    ReplyDelete